Chappal kabab is a North Pakistani dish which is very famous all over Pakistan. This dish is full of flavors and aromas. Try this recipe as it is the best and the easiest recipe of this wonderful dish you can ever think of….
- 1 kg mincemeat Beef/ chicken/ Lamb
- ½ kg fat (Charbi) (ground)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes/ powder
- 1 tbspn crushed pomegranate seed
- 2 eggs omelette (Scrambled or chopped)
- 2 tbspns chopped green coriander
- 1 tbspn chopped mint
- 1 tbspn cracked dry coriander
- 2 onions chopped in food processor
- 4 – 8 green chillies chopped fine
- 1 tomato (deseeded and chopped fine)
- 1 tbspn butter (soft)
- 1 tspn gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbspn garam masala
- 1 tspn chopped
- 1 tspn chopped garlic
- Oil for shallow frying
- Tomato slices
- Some lose corn flour
-Combine all the ingredients given above for kabab mixture and mix well.
-Heat oil in a skillet sort of frying pan.
-Now, with wet hands take some mincemeat and press it in a way that they are 0.5 cm thick and spread all over your finger area. Dust it with some corn flour and place one tomato slice it in the middle of the kabab and press.
-Fry until it is cooked.
-Take it out in a serving dish and serve hot with Kandhari naan and mint sauce.
-Do the same with remaining mincemeat.
-Delicious homemade Chappal kababs are ready.
-Finely chop omelette and make sure you don’t add any seasoning to this omelette.
This will make 6 – 8 chappal kababs.
“Salmon Salmon on The Go” is just a stupid name given by me…… but the recipe is wonderful ……
- 2 Tasmanian Salmon Fillets
- A dash of olive oil
- Some salt
- 1 Lemon (squeezed)
- 1 tspn caper paste (grind 1 tbspns of capers in a mortar or pestle)
- A pinch of dried garlic flakes
- Some red hot chilli paste (to taste)
-Marinade fish fillets in all the ingredients mentioned above, including oil.
-Keep aside for 10 minutes.
-Heat a normal pan or a grilled pan. (Make sure you use non-stick pan, otherwise you have to add 1 tbspn full of oil and that is not a healthy option)
-Place the fillets on it and grill each side for 7 – 8 minutes.
-Serve hot with sun dried tomatoes, capers, onion, tomato or whatever you like.
-Be careful when turning the sides of salmon fillets as salmon is known to be flaky. Use tongs.
Pan grilled Basa Fillets is a healthy and weight losing recipe. Do try this and make your day without any guilt ….
- 2 basa fillets/ any other fish fillets
- 1 maxican lemon or 2 small lemons
- 1 tspn olive oil OPTIONAL
- Some salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- A dash of paprika
-Place the fish fillets in a straight plate or a dinner plate.
-Mix all the sauces and seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
-Now pour over this sauce mixture over the fillets. Turn sides and coat them well with the sauce.
-Heat a normal pan or a grilled pan and place the fillets on it.
-Cook them for around 10 minutes, 5 minutes each side on medium heat.
-Take it out in a plate and serve with some raw salad vegetables.
-Turn the sides of the fillets with great care as they are very delicate and may break.