Kashmiri Chai (Pink Tea) is a lovely, smooth and silky hot beverage that is usually served in Pakistan on any happy occasion after meals. Do try this and make your day …
- 2 ½ cups water
- 4 cups milk
- A pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tbspns jasmine tea leaves
- 1 big cardamom
- 1 big piece of cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 3 almonds
- 4 green cardamoms crushed
- Some salt
- Sugar to taste
- 1 small very small drop of pink food colour (OPTIONAL)
- Crushed or slivered almond
- Crushed or slivered pistachios
- Some mixed dried fruits
-In a saucepan, add all the ingredients given above except milk and for garnish and bring to a boil.
-Boil well for 10 minutes.
-Add milk and boil again.
-Strain this mixture and pour it into 4 cups.
-Place some mixed dried fruits on the saucer and garnish the tea with some crushed pistachios and almonds.
-Use full cream milk for best results.
-Avoid using salted or roasted pistachios and almonds.
-Add a very little drop of pink food colour only if desired.
This will serve 4 persons easily.
Sizzling Jalapeno Bites is a marvellous hot snack item which is vey easy to make and very easy to eat …
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (extra sharp) (optional)
- 4 white bread slices (thick)
- 16 tbspns pasta sauce/ homemade tomato base sauce
- ½ tomato deseeded and chopped fine
- ½ capsicums chopped fine
- A jalapeno sliced
- 8 black olives deseeded and chopped fine
-Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
-Divide all the bread slices into 4 equal parts and apply 1 tbspn of pasta sauce on each portion. Now place 1 tbspn of all the other ingredients on each one of them and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
-Serve hot with tea.
Tasty, hot and sizzling jalapeno bites are ready to serve.
-Do not overcook.
This will serve 3 persons easily.
English Breakfast is very Famous almost in every part of the world, do try this and let me know your remarks …
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- 1 Sausage (Chicken or Beef or Lamb)
- Some olive oil
- 2 white or bran bread slices
- Some butter
FOR CRISP BEEF:
- 2 Slices of Hunter Beef or corn Beef
- 1 canned white beans or kidney beans
- 2 tbspns yogurt
- 1 tspn olive oil
- Some salt and red pepper
-For eggs, Fry eggs in 2 tbspns of olive oil and keep them aside in a plate.
-Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grill sausage + Beef slices and drizzle with some olive oil. Grill them until they are done.
-Combine salt, pepper, yogurt and beans in a bowl and mix.
-Heat oil and add this bean mixture into it. Let it simmer on low heat For 2 minutes and then immediately scoop them in the plate.
-Lightly Toast bread slices and softly apply some butter on them. Place them with all the stuff and serve hot.
Tasty English Breakfast is ready to be served, Serve it with grilled tomato.
-Make sure you use Fine quality of beef.
This will serve 1 person.
A perfect vegetarian treat …
- 8 small potatoes washed and halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 whole broccoli
- 2 Brussels sprouts
- ¼ kg French beans sliced into three parts
- 1 sweet potato diced
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 cup whole black olives
- 1 tin boiled chickpeas
- 2 carrots sliced thickly
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tspn chilli paste (OPTIONAL)
- A garlic clove minced
- Some salt and pepper
- ½ tspn red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp cracked dry coriander
- A bunch of asparagus trimmed wood edges
- 1 scoop of butter
-Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
-Wash and cut vegetables according to the instructions and place them in a roasting rack. Drizzle some olive oil and add everything. Mix well.
-Bake for 30 minutes or until well done.
-Take them out and serve hot with soup or any toasted multigrain bread.
-Mix well everything.
This will serve 8 – 10 persons easily.