Quarter Pounder with Cheese is McDonalds trademark burger. Sometimes you don’t feel like going out just for a burger so here is the recipe for that lazy lousy time …….
- 2 sesame buns (divided) (toasted or steamed) (TOASTED: on griddle/ hot grill or hot frying pan and STEAMED: in microwave for 25 secs per bun)
- 8 dill cucumber slices (when you search for gherkins or pickles in a grocery store, you mostly get sweet spiced pickles, they are NOT the ones we are looking for. On the same shelf you can find dill cucumbers (whole cucumbers). That’s what we are looking for over here)
- 1 brown onion sliced
- Some ketchup
- Some mustard sauce
- 4 processed cheese slices (we don’t get orange colour cheese in Australia; maybe in US u can but there is no such difference in the taste of orange cheese and normal cheese. You can use Krafts or any other famous brand)
- 250 gms beef mince (processed without any seasoning in a food processor)
- Some salt and pepper
-For meat patties, process beef mince in food processor and then on a baking sheet/ parchment paper/ butter paper/ baking paper/ wax sheet put 2 balls of this meat and with oiled hands spread and make round patties a little bit bigger than your bun in diameter because mincemeat have tendency to shrink when cooked/ grilled.
-Freeze them for 30 minutes.
-Heat your non-stick grill and cook the meat. Season each side with salt and pepper and grill each side for 1 minute.
-Make sure your burger is dressed when the meat is ready to enjoy hot and fresh burger.
-Bun have two parts, the head part with sesame seed is the “crown” and the bottom base part is the “heal” . Now on the heal put one slice of cheese and on the crown drizzle some tomato ketchup and some mustard sauce, place some onion, 4 pickles (per burger) and then another slice of cheese.
-Now place the fresh hot meat patty rite from the grill onto your cheese slice on the heal and cover with the crown. So the sequence is burger heal (base), cheese slice, meat, cheese slice, onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup and top of the bun (crown).
-Repeat the same process with the other bun.
-Serve hot with chips.
Hot n’ Spicy
- 2 kgs skinned chicken pieces
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- 1 tbspn onion powder
- 1 tbspn garlic powder
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup hot sauce (chilli sauce)
- 1 tspn chicken powder
- 1 tspn thyme
- 1 tspn chives
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Some salt and pepper to season
- Some chicken salt to season
- Oil FOR FRYING
-Marinade chicken pieces in all the spices and sauces given above and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
-Now take it out, mix again, add eggs and corn flour and mix.
-Keep aside for 30 mins.
-Heat oil to 180 degrees Celsius.
-Now mix your coating ingredients in a plate. Take out one chicken piece out of the egg mixture, dredge in flour/ coating mix and keep aside on a tray until all the chicken pieces are coated.
-Deep fry the chicken pieces (4 – 6 at a time) for 20 minutes on medium heat.
-Take out on the cooling rack. Fry the second batch and then the third batch.
-Now serve hot.
Chocolate M&M cake is very much my own recipe and it is very easy to make ….
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups caster sugar
- ½ cup soft butter
- 4 tbspns sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 1 tspn coffee
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tspns baking powder
- 4 tbspns cocoa
- ½ cup grate dry coconut (optional)
- Some soft butter to grease the pan
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups cream
- 200 gms bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tbspns honey
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 packet of M&Ms or smarties
-Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
-In a food processer or with a hand beater, mix butter and sugar for 5 minutes and add eggs (one at a time). Mix well until the mixture is foamy and fluffy. Now add vanilla essence and milk. Mix well.
-Combine flour, coffee, coconut, cocoa and baking powder in a separate mixing bowl. Now slowly introduce the liquid mixture to all the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula or a wooden spoon.
-Stir in chopped walnuts and pour this mixture in a 21 cm greased, spring form cake pan. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes on middle rack. -Check with a wooden skewer or toothpick if your cake is ready. (TIP: if you see the cake is burning from top, cover it with aluminum foil. The best way to check your cake is done is to poke a toothpick or a skewer in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean; that means your cake is ready)
-When your toothpick test is successful, take it out and keep aside for at least 20 minutes.
-Chop the bittersweet chocolate into small pieces and pour over boiling cream. Stir well. Now add honey and icing sugar and mix well. Avoid lumps.
-Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
-Now with a spatula cover the top surface and the sides of the cake. Now top it with smarties or m&ms and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes before serving.