Ideal for tea parties, lunch box, snacks or just breakfast…. ❤
- 4 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn chicken salt
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- ¼ tspn mustard powder
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 4 spring onions (chopped) (green part)
- 200 gms baby spinach (chopped)
- ½ kg mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 eggs + 2 tbspns milk (whisked)
- 2 cups bread crumbs + chicken salt + italian herbs + 2 tbspns grated parmesan cheese
- Oil for shallow frying
- Season potatoes with all the spices and salt and mash. Add everything else except mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tbspn butter until it looks brown.
- Add sautéed mushrooms to potato mixture and mix.
- Make round flat patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil.
- Dip cutlets in egg mixture and then roll in crumbs and fry until the patties are golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with ketchup, pesto or aioli.
A good choice for lite, healthy, quick, easy and full filling dinner …..
- 2 salmon fillets with skin
- Some salt
- Some red chilli flakes
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- Some olive oil
FOR SAUTEED MUSHROOMS AND BABY SPINACH
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes chopped with seeds
- 2 tspns oil/ some butter
- 1 tspn Italian herb mix (parsley, oregano, thyme, onion powder & garlic powder)
-Combine chilli flakes, salt and lemon juice and apply on salmon fillets. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
-Heat grill pan and grill the salmon for about 4 minutes per side on medium heat.
-Take it out onto your serving dish.
-Heat oil in a skillet and fry mushrooms until they are a bit cooked.
-Add spinach and tomatoes along with the herbs. Mix, toss and stir.
-Serve on the side of salmon fillets.
Mixed vegetable pakora is my own recipe. Its a very easy and less time consuming recipe…..
- 1 ½ cup besan (gram flour)
- 1 tspn baking powder
- ½ cup sliced aubergine/ eggplant
- 1 green chilli sliced
- ¼ cup chopped green coriander
- 4 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 potato thinly sliced
- ½ cup paneer (small cubes)
- Little spinach leaved chopped
- ¼ cup sliced capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 tbspn coriander mint chutney
- Some salt
- 1 ½ tspn red chilli powder
- ½ tspn turmeric
- 1 tbspn dry coriander
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 1 tbspn fenugreek leaves
- 1 onion sliced
- Oil for deep frying
- Some water for batter (around ½ – ¾ cup)
-Sift besan and baking powder.
-Slice all vegetables and put them in a mixing bowl.
-Add all spices and sifted besan.
-Add all spices and mix well all the dry ingredients with vegetables.
-Gradually add water and mix with your hands.
-Make a lump free mixture with vegetables.
-Keep aside for 30 minutes.
-Heat oil and add spoon full of batter in it. Keep them away from each other.
-When they are brown, take them out on an absorbent paper and serve hot with tamarind sauce and mint coriander chutney.
Tasty mixed vegetable pakoras are ready to serve.