Egg bhurji is inspired by South Asian cuisine. They add spices in everything man! I never tried this just because my mind was not accepting the idea of having too much spices in the egg for breakfast but then I tried a cheese omelette at one of my best friend’s home where she put cumin and coriander in it and OMG Yessss! it was great. So from there I got inspired to try this at home and it came out so perfect. Here is the recipe for you, if you are traumatised by the idea of having all the spices in egg, believe me its not bad at all, go with my believe and try this ❤ I am sure you will love it!
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbspns milk
- Salt to taste
- A little pic of red chilli powder
- 1 tspn coriander seeds (coarsely ground)
- 1 tspn cumin seeds (coarsely ground)
- A generous pinch of turmeric
- 1 red onion (medium sized, chopped)
- 6 green chillies (small size, chopped)
- ½ cup chpopped coriander
- 2 leaves of mint (chopped fine)
- 1 tomato (chopped fine)
- 3 tbspns oil or a knob of butter
- Wash and chop all the veggies.
- Crack 6 eggs in a bowl, add salt, spices, milk, mint and coriander leaves and whisk.
- Melt some butter in a pan or heat some oil. Add onion and cook until its translucent. Add tomato and cook until tomato loses the stiffness and then add green chillies and mix. Add egg mixture and let it sit for 1 minute in the pan to let it cook from the bottom until we scramble it.
- Add some cheese at this stage if you want to otherwise mix and scramble the egg. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Keep it moist and take it out in a plate. Serve with light rye toasts and enjoy.