Mango Kulfa…. Sub Continental version of no churn Ice Cream. Made of milk, nuts, mango and condensed milk, this dessert is everyone’s favorite. My recipe is very handy and easy, give it a try and fall in love with this delicacy ❤
- 0.5 litre blue top milk/ fresh full cream milk
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 200 gms cream
- 1 ½ tbspn Rice flour
- 3 tbspns mango custard powder (easily available at Pakistani grocery stores)(Preferred brand: Rafhan)
- ½ cup chopped pistachios & almonds
- 2 sweet mangoes (Pakistani mangoes) (chopped fine)
- Some rooh afza or jam e Shireen (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tbspn kewra essence
- Take ¼ cup of milk out of 0.5 ltr milk and boil the rest of it.
- Now add condensed milk and stir well. Add pistachios, almonds and kewra.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Now in ¼ cup of milk mix rice flour and mango custard powder and add this to the cooking mixture and stir well.
- Add cream and turn off the flame. Allow it to cool for 1 hour and mix in chopped mango.
- Pour it in a mold and freeze for 12 to 16 hours.
- Take it out 15 minutes prior to serving and cut blocks with hot knife.
- Serve with a drizzle of jam e Shireen or rooh afza if you want otherwise some slivered nuts will do.