Ladies & Gentlemen,
Boneless chicken simmered curry, inspired by Lahore (the food giant of Pakistan) and Delhi (the food giant of India), is presented to you!
This is probably the most easy and handy recipe you will find, go for it! and make your weekend desi 🙂
- 1 kg boneless chicken cubes (breast and thigh mix)
- 3 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1 tbspn minced garlic
- 1 tbspn crushed ginger
- 6 – 8 green chillies, few cut into slices
- 2 tbspns fresh fnugreek leaves (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 tbspns yogurt
- Fresh coriander (1 cup), chopped
- Ginger julienne (if desired)
- Salt to taste
- Chicken salt/ chicken cube (for extra flavour) (adjust according to the salt you add)
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- 1 tspn turmeric powder
- ½ tspn cracked black pepper (very coarse)
- 1 tbspn coarsely ground coriander
- 1 tspn garam masala
- 1 tspn cumin seeds, pan roasted, coarsely ground
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 1 tbspn desi ghee (if desired)
- 1 tspn ground pomegranate seeds
- Heat oil and fry onions on medium heat with constant rotation, until its crispy golden.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for 30 secs. Add chicken and stir fry until the chicken changes the color.
- Add salt, chicken salt, tomatoes and few green chillies. Cook on medium heat until tomatoes lose the stiffness. Meanwhile mix all the spices (except garam masala and black pepper) in a small bowl and add it to the chicken. Add yogurt as well. Mix.
- Put the lid on and reduce the flame to low- medium and let it cook for 15 minutes or until the oil starts to separate.
- Add chopped fenugreek, desi ghee, black pepper and garam masala and give it a final mix.
- Serve hot with roti, salad and raita.