Shaami Kebab is very famous in Pakistani home cooking and part of almost all traditional family dinner. They really compliment the rice dishes like pulao or biryani and everyone love these babies. This is my recipe, brought to you after testing many recipes and variations. This is the finest and the best one. So next time, make it for your friends and family and tell them about Ayesha’s Kitchen 🙂
- 1 kilo beef topside chunk
- 2 cups channa daal (soaked overnight)
- 2 onions cut into half
- 8 small green chillies
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbspn freshly crushed ginger
- 2 tbspns coriander seeds
- 4 dried chillies
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbspn cumin
- 1 large cardamom
- 2 small cardamoms
- A piece of cinnamon
- 3 cups water
- A bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- Some mint, finely chopped (OPTIONAL)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups oil for shallow frying
- Combine all the ingredients in a pressure cooker or a cooking pan and cook with a lid on top until everything is tender. For pressure cooker, 1 hour and normal cooking time is 2 hours.
- Take off the lid and allow it to cool. Don’t worry if it is a bit runny, that will make the kebabs moist. Pulse grind in food processor and take out the mixture in a mixing bowl. Add all the extras and mix.
- Make flat patties with thickness of 1.5 cm and diameter of 7 cm. Approx.
- Refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Heat oil for shallow frying. Dip the kebabs in egg wash and fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup or mint sauce.
You can freeze them for 1 month.