Very flavorful dish full of aroma, specially when you are sick of eating same chicken curry everyday. My very own recipe, just love it with vinegar pickled green peppers ❤
- 1.5 kg chicken, cut into 12 – 16 pcs.
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced
- 1 tbspn freshly crushed ginger and garlic
- 1 cup oil
- 1 bunch or 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- 3 green chillies
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- Few coriander leaves
- Few ginger juliennes
- Few lemon wedges or slices
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces and put them in a deep mixing bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients (except yogurt) given for chutney in blender and make chutney. It is more like tomato chutney.
- Pour over the chutney on to chicken pieces and marinade for 1 hour. Now mix in whipped yogurt (without water) and leave for 30 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and fry onion. Add ginger garlic when onions are translucent so they are fried with onion.
- Add marinated chicken pieces leaving the marinade in the bowl and stir fry for 10 minutes. Now add the remaining mixture in the bowl and cook it covered on low medium heat for 20 minutes.
- The oil will begin to separate, add garnish ingredients and serve hot with roti.