Probably, the most known soup in the world……
- 1 tin sweet corn soup
- 1 kg chicken (necks, wings with skin, 2 chicken breast pieces with bone, 2 legs)
- Some salt (to taste)
- Chicken salt (for more flavour)
- ½ tspn cracked black pepper (OPTIONAL)
- ½ tspn white pepper
- 3 tbspns soy sauce
- 2 tspns vinegar
- ½ cup corn flour mixed with ½ cup water
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 green chilli (It’s optional. I like to put 1 green chilli in my chicken corn soup just for good smell and flavour, if you don’t like it, don’t put it)
- 1.5 ltr water
-Fill a cooking pot with water and put chicken pieces in it. Boil with lid on, on low to medium heat for 40 – 45 minutes. The reason why we chose necks, legs and wings is to have extra flavour from the skin, the meat and the bones and we are using breast to have the meat.
-With a frying spoon take out the chicken pieces and allow then to cool as you have to shred them with your hands afterwards.
-Meanwhile strain the tinned corn and grind it in mortar and pestle. NO PASTE ONLY COARSE GRIND.
-Add ground corn to the broth along with salt, pepper and sauces. Bring it to a boil. Meanwhile you can shred the chicken.
-Shred it with your hands and add it to the broth. Let it cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
-Now mix corn flour with water and with constant stirring add it to the soup and keep stirring to avoid gooey lumps.
-Increase the heat to medium – high. After 5 minutes start adding eggs with constant stirring. Cook on high heat for another 5 minutes and keep on stirring.
-Your soup is ready. Serve hot before dinner and enjoy!