This is Ayesha’s Kitchen special recipe for vermicelli…… It is a Pakistani dessert which is often served on Eid – ul – Fitr and other occasions……
- 160 gms vermicelli (Bareek Sevayyan)
- 4 tbspns sugar
- 4 tbspns raw sugar (Shakkar/ gur)
- 2 ltrs. Milk
- 1 cup raw khoya (unsweetened Barfi/ Kalakand) (Easily available at South Asian Mithai shops)
- 1 tbspn cardamom seeds (crushed)
- ¼ cup almonds (slivered) (for garnishing)
- 2 tbspns crushed pistachios (for garnishing)
- Chaandi ka warq (Edible silver foil)
-Boil 1 litre milk and add cardamom seeds. Add vermicelli and mix well. Now add khoya and sugar. Mix well. Now when you notice that the mixture is getting thick, add rest of the milk and let it cook on medium heat until you get the desired consistency.
-Take it out in a bowl. Garnish with some pistachios, almonds and chandi ka warq. Serve hot ot refrigerate for at least 6 hrs for serving it as dessert.