This is Ayesha’s Kitchen special recipe for vermicelli…… It is a Pakistani dessert which is often served on Eid – ul – Fitr and other occasions……
- 160 gms vermicelli (Bareek Sevayyan)
- 4 tbspns sugar
- 4 tbspns raw sugar (Shakkar/ gur)
- 2 ltrs. Milk
- 1 cup raw khoya (unsweetened Barfi/ Kalakand) (Easily available at South Asian Mithai shops)
- 1 tbspn cardamom seeds (crushed)
- ¼ cup almonds (slivered) (for garnishing)
- 2 tbspns crushed pistachios (for garnishing)
- Chaandi ka warq (Edible silver foil)
-Boil 1 litre milk and add cardamom seeds. Add vermicelli and mix well. Now add khoya and sugar. Mix well. Now when you notice that the mixture is getting thick, add rest of the milk and let it cook on medium heat until you get the desired consistency.
-Take it out in a bowl. Garnish with some pistachios, almonds and chandi ka warq. Serve hot ot refrigerate for at least 6 hrs for serving it as dessert.
This is a traditional sweet dish which is made up of nuts and milk and is speciaaly served on Eid – Ul – Fitr in South Asia. Eid – Ul – Fitr is a religious Muslim Event which is celebrated on 1st Of Shawwal according to the Islamic Calendar. Its joyous and a Festive event. My grandma always make this For us on Eid …
- ½ pk of thin sevayyan (Vermicelli)
- ¾ cup sugar or to taste
- 10 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced pistachios and almonds
- 4 sultanas
- ½ tspn cardamom seeds
- Some sliced pistachios and almonds For garnishing
-Boil cardamom seeds and sultanas in milk and add vermicelli and nuts.
-Stir Frequently until the vermicelli is boiled and mixed in milk.
-Pour this in a deep bowl and garnish with some pistachios and almonds.
-Scoop and serve.
Tasty and traditional sweet dish For Eid (a Muslim Event) is ready.
-Stir well and do not let it stick to the bottom of the pan.
This will serve 4 – 6 persons easily.