Oreo Cheesecake….. everyone’s favorite!
- 250g plain chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) hot water
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (110g) CASTER sugar
- 180g white chocolate, melted, cooled
- 150g cream-filled chocolate biscuits, broken
- Some extra oreo cookies to decorate
-Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform pan.
-Process plain chocolate biscuits until fine. Transfer biscuit crumbs to a medium bowl, stir in melted butter. Press biscuit mixture evenly over the base and halfway up the side of the prepared pan. REFRIGERATE while preparing the filling.
-Sprinkle gelatine over the hot water and Stir until the gelatine dissolves; cool for 5 minutes.
-Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the cream, vanilla and sugar until combined. Add the gelatine mixture, beat until just combined. Fold in the cooled white chocolate, then gently fold in the cream-filled biscuits. Pour into the biscuit base in the pan. Refrigerate overnight.
-Decorate and serve.