Hommus is a very famous Arabic dip which has different variation of recipes in Lebanon, Turkey and Egypt. This recipe is Lebanese version. Lebanese version is a bit sour, lemony and fine in texture.
- 2 x cans of chickpeas
- 3 tbspns tahina (sesame seed paste)
- A generous pinch of salt
- 5 – 6 tbspns extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water (if needed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until very fine paste is made. Add water if needed. Adjust salt and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika. Ideal with grilled meat, khubz and pita.
Sheesh Chicken Tavook is a Mediterranean recipe, it is healthy and low fat, do try this ….
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1 tbspn tomato paste
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbspns lemon juice
- ¼ tspn cracked black pepper
- Some salt (optional)
- ¼ tspn paprika
- Some olive oil
- ¼ tspn crushed cumin and cardamom
-Mix everything except olive oil in a deep mixing bowl and keep aside for 6 hrs.
-Now stick them onto a skewer (use bamboo skewers if using a flat pan or a grill pan or use metal skewers if using the grill).
-Grill them on medium high heat until they are golden and cooked.
-Serve hot with hummus, Babaganouge or any other dip and khubs with some tabouleh salad on side.