Greek omelette is one of my favorites. It has got all the essential from Greece; olives, feta, capsicum, etc. everything. This omelette is a full treat for weekend breakfast or brunches. Try it this weekend and enjoy with your family and friends ❤
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped baby spinach
- Some dried Italian herbs
- 1 tbspn butter
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Be careful with the salt as feta is also salty.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat and pour the egg mixture. When the egg starts turning white, scatter all the other ingredients on the omelette, feta being the last ingredient.
- When the egg is cooked from the bottom, very carefully fold it.
- Serve hot.
Its a normal garden side salad but I have added some feta cheese (because I love it), some olives (because they are nutritious) and a drizzle of lemon juice (for taste) and olive oil (for flavor)….. The extras make it Greek inspired. Go perfectly with Pan seared or grilled salmon, Roast chicken and any rice dish…..
- 1 Red onion cut into thick rings
- 1 Tomato (deseeded) cut into cubes
- Some fancy lettuce mix
- Some green mix
- Some rocket leaves
- 1 200 gms Danish feta slab (cut into cubes)
- ½ continental cucumber cut into thin slices
- Some olive oil
- Some lemon juice
-Take your salad bowl or dish and fill it half with greens. Now add some tomatoes and cucumbers and then place some red onion rings on top.
-Chuck in some Danish feta and toss to mix everything.
-Drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice on top and serve.
One of my favorite Salads with Charcoal chicken……
- 220 gms of Danish feta/ 1 block of feta cheese (available in Supermarket Deli)
- 1 cup black pitted olives
- 1 capsicum (cubes)
- 1 cucumber with skin sliced
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes (cut into half)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Some Greek oregano (dried)
- A pinch of salt
-Combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
-Combine the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix.
-Pour the dressing all over the vegetables.
-Mix and toss.