This recipe is my very own version of tawa keema. It is a very chat pata, masaledaar dish which can be made in minutes and loved by all. A very easy and rich recipe for you one dish girls party or just a casual dinner when you dont feel like cooking a time consuming dish.
- 4 tbspns oil
- 500 gms chicken/ lamb/ beef keema
- A generous pinch of meat tenderizer (only if using beef or mutton)
- 2 tbspns fried onions (crushed)
- 1 tbspn ginger and garlic paste (fresh)
- 2 tomatoes blanched, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 tbspns green chillies (chopped fine)
- Salt to taste
- A generous pinch of chicken salt
- 1 tspn Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tspn red chilli flakes
- ½ tspn turmeric
- 1 tspn cracked coriander seeds
- 1 tspn crushed roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tspn pan roasted anardana (crushed)
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- A generous knob of butter
- A pinch of methi leaves
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- Add a generous pinch of meat tenderizer to the mincemeat and mix. Keep aside for 30 minutes. If you are using chicken mince, eliminate this step.
- Heat oil on a tawa and fry ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Add the mince and stir fry. Break it into pieces while stir frying on medium heat. Add tomatoes and all the ingredients accept lemon juice, methi leaves, black pepper and butter and cook until the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add butter and stir fry until the food looks cooked and the oil starts separating. Add rest of the ingredients and give a quick last stir.
- Serve hot with roti.