Beef chilli dry is a Chinese – Pakistani dish available in Cafes, oriental restaurants and continental restaurants in Pakistan. It is my favorite because I love the flavor of green chillies, garlic & braised tender beef.
I have created this recipe after numerous failed recipes….. here it is 🙂
- ½ kilo chuck steak/ beef schnitzel (cut against the grain into thin slices)
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- 2 tbspns ginger & garlic paste
- A generous pinch of salt
- ½ tspn black pepper
- A pinch of white pepper
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- 3 tbspns corn flour
FOR STIR FRY
- Some oil for frying
- 2 tbspns sesame oil
- 1 tbspn ginger garlic paste
- 4 large green chillies (remove seeds and julienne cut)
- Some green part of spring onions chopped
- 2 tbspns oyster sauce
- Some sesame seeds to garnish at the end
- Cut steak into thin slices and marinate in all the ingredients given for beef. Mix and keep aside for 40 – 50 minutes, refrigerated.
- Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying and fry beef slices in batches. 5 minutes on medium heat per batch. Do not over crowd the pan while frying.
- Keep the fried beef aside until needed.
- In a wok, heat some sesame seed oil and fry ginger garlic paste until fragrant. Add green chillies, spring onion sprigs and saute’ for a minute on high flame.
- Add oyster sauce, mix & add beef strips. Give a final stir for 1 minute on high flame and serve hot with boiled rice with garnish if sesame seeds.