19B is a Pak – Chinese soup available in all Chinese restaurants in Pakistan. Don’t know why it is called 19B but whatever it is it tastes amayyyyyy-zinghhhhh 😀
I have been trying for a long time to crack the recipe and finally after several trials here it is. It was like making a vaccine for Covid 19 😀 but I am Russia 😀 😀 😀 made it !
Jokes apart, it is actually the closest one to the restaurant recipe and it tastes immaculate. This soup is so nutritious that it can replace a whole meal.
- 1 cup prawn meat (tail & shell removed, cut into small chunks)
- 5 dried black shitake mushrooms (easily available at Asian grocery shops) (soaked in 8 cups of hot water for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup chicken breast (boneless, cut into very small cubes)
- 2 tbspns cooking oil + 2 tbspns sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup spring onion (green part only, chopped)
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup corn flour slurry (1/2 cup water mixed with 3 tbspns heap full cornflour)
SAUCES & SPICES
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn ajinomoto
- 1 tspn black pepper
- A generous pinch of ginger powder
- ¼ cup dark thick soy sauce
- 4 tbspns vinegar
- A splash of fish sauce (to give that shrimp prawny smell & taste)
- In a deep cooking pot heat 2 tbspns oil and 2 tbspns sesame seed oil and fry chicken chunks until the chicken turns white. Add ginger powder and all the other spices and fry for 1 minute.
- Add shrimps and fry for further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the mushrooms and drain the mushroom water into the cooking pot. Add the mushrooms and bring it to boil.
- Add carrots and green onion along with all the sauces and give it a boil for further 5 minutes.
- Add corn flour slurry with constant stirring until you reach the desired consistency. Add more if you feel like.
- Mix in egg whites and let it boil for further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with shrimp or fish crackers.