Mulligatawny is a special soup which is served at Gourmet Grill Pakistan. I dont know the origin of this soup but I am pretty sure it is from Arab because I ate a similar soup at Tiba’s Lebanese restaurant, VIC, Melbourne.
It is a full meal which is nutritious and healthy in every way…..
- 1 cup moong daal
- 1 cup masoor daal
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 tspn heap full turmeric
- Water to boil
- 1 knob butter
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tbspns chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup boiled and hand shredded chicken
- ½ cup boiled rice
- Boil moong daal, masoor daal, chicken stock cubes, salt & turmeric until the daals are mushy.
- Remove from flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Blend it with the hand blender until its smooth and velvety.
- In a pan melt a knob of butter and add the daal mixture. If its too thin, let it simmer.
- Adjust the salt to your desire.
- Scoop out in the serving bowl. Add some shredded chicken & boiled rice and garnish with some cooking cream and coriander.
- Serve hot.