Shaljam Bhujya is one of the not so favorite 😀 not so famous Pakistani dish in home cooking. Kids hate it but oldies love it. My recipe is very simple, handy and easy. It is actually my grandma’s recipe. I have learnt cooking vegetables from her, she makes it mild but my recipe is hot and spicy. Give it a try!
- 4 large turnips (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2 medium sized onion
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tbspn ginger and garlic (crushed)
- 4 tbspns olive oil
- 1 tbspn ghee
- 1 cup coriander (fresh, chopped)
- 1 chicken stock cube (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn red chilli p[owder
- 1 tspn red chilli flakes
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tbspn crushed dried coriander (not powder)
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 1 tspn cuin powder
- 1 tspn garam masala
- 1 tbspn methi leaves
- Heat oil and fry onions until they are golden and crispy. Add everything else except methi leaves, coriander, 2 green chillies and methi leaves.
- Pressure cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until two whistles.
- Carefully take off the lid and cook on medium heat until the moisture evaporates. Now add rest of the stuff and cook on high heat until the oil comes on the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot with chapatti.
Just a light version of Chicken parmigiana. I don’t like the thick chicken breast piece so I have used tenders, it makes the recipe lighter and more fun!
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- some salt
- some pepper
- some paprika
- some chicken salt
- some olive oil and softened butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- some Italian herbs (chopped fine)
- 1 cup flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 egg + 2 tbspns milk (whisked)
- 4 tbspns Napolitano sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup freshly shaved parmesan
- Some greens
- Some asparagus
- Or garden salad/ Greek salad
- Put chicken tenders in a zip lock bag and pound with a meat hammer until flat and thin.
- Season with some salt, pepper, chicken salt and paprika on both sides and keep aside.
- Meanwhile get your oven preheated on broiling mode at 200 degrees Celsius and get your crumbing station ready, 1. Seasoned flour in a flat dish, 2. Egg wash in a shallow dish and 3. Breadcrumbs.
- Now with the help of fork, take one tender, coat it in flour, shake off the excess, dip it in egg wash and then crumbs. Coat each and every naked bit of it and keep it on a tray.
- Do the same with rest of the tenders.
- Heat a frying pan and splash some olive oil and place the chicken tenders on the pan. 2.5 minutes per side. When you are about to change the side, add a small knob of butter. This will give a buttery flavour and extra crunch and color to the bread crumbs.
- Meanwhile, get your baking tray ready lined with parchment paper. Transfer the tenders to the baking tray, smear a tablespoon of Napoli sauce on each tender, then some fresh shaves of parmesan and then generous amount of freshly grated mozzarella.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with greens.