Another recipe for fish fry but only Ambarsari this time 🙂
Amritsar is well known for good food after Delhi in India, they have their specialities like Amritsari fish, Amritsari hareesa, Amritsari Kulcha and Ambersariya 😀 😀 😀 😀
- 1 kilo blue grenadier/ basa fillets cut into small fillets
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn red chilli powder
- 3 tbspns ginger, garlic, coriander and green chilli paste
- 3 tbspns lemon juice
- 3 tbspns vinegar
- 1 eggs
- 4 tbspns besan (gram flour)
- 2 tbspns rice flour
- 1 tspn carom seeds
- 3 tbspns yogurt
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut fish into 1.5 to 2 inch cubes. Squeeze some lemon juice, add salt and red chilli powder and mix into fish cubes. Add vinegar, paste and carom seeds and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix in gram flour, egg and yogurt and keep aside for further 20 minutes. Meanwhile heat oil to 190 degrees Celsius and fry fish until its brown and crisp. Serve hot with mint sauce.