Paneer tikka is one of the favorites in Punjabi BBQ. The spicy marination around the bland paneer cubes, grilled to perfection makes it irresistible and tempting ❤
- 250 gms paneer (I used store bought for this recipe) cut into cubes
- 1 cup cubed capsicum
- 1 cup cubed red onion
- 1 cup cubed stiff tomatoes
- Some ghee or butter
- 1 cup hung curd (yogurt with 0 water)
- 1 tbspn cream
- 2 tbspn roasted gram flour
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- 3 tbspns (ginger, garlic, mint, coriander & chilli paste)
- ½ tspn turmeric powder
- 1 pinch of carom seeds
- ½ tspn chaat masala
- ½ tspn zeera powder (cumin powder)
- ½ tspn coriander powder
- ½ tspn garam masala
- ½ tspn red deghi mirch
- Combine everything given for marination and whisk to make a smooth batter. Add vegetables and mix and at the end add paneer cubes. Mix with gentle hands and coat each cube in marination. Keep aside for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread paneer and veggies onto the wooden skewers and grill on buttered grill pan for 5 minutes per side.
- serve hot with mint and tamarind sauce.