Chicken Manchurian

Chicken Manchurian is a ketchup based sauce dish very popular in Pakistani Chinese Cuisine. You get it in every Chinese restaurant and its community’s favourite. The sweet and sour taste blends very well with chicken fried rice or egg fried rice or beef chilli rice and even with boiled rice…… Try it and fall in love with it πŸ™‚

Ayesha's Kitchen

Ayesha’s Kitchen

Ingredients:

FOR CHICKEN

• 2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into medium sized cubes)
  • Some salt
  • Some black pepper
  • 4 tbspns corn flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbspns chilli sauce
  • 1 tbspn vinegar
  • Oil for deep frying

FOR SAUCE

• 2 cups hienz tomato ketchup
  • 2 Β½ cups chicken stock (chicken cube in hot water or chicken powder dissolved in hot water)
  • Few spring onion (green part – for garnishing)
  • 2 tbspns olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic chopped
  • 1 Β½ tbspn corn flour dissolved in Β½ cup water
  • 3 tbspns chilli sauce
  • 1 tspn chilli flakes
  • 2 tbspns soy sauce
  • 1 tspn sugar
  • Some salt
  • Some black pepper corns

Procedure:

-In a mixing bowl combine chicken with all the ingredients except eggs and corn flour. Mix well.

-Now add eggs and corn flour and mix well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.

-Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken pieces until they are brown.

-Take them out on a paper towel and make the sauce.

-In a mixing bowl combine all the seasonings, ketchup and chicken stock. Mix well ad avoid lumps.

-Heat olive oil in a wok and add chopped garlic. When it begins to change its colour add the sauce we made. Bring it to a boil.

-Now add corn flour mixture with constant stirring until it gets to the consistency you like your Manchurian to be.

-Now add fried chicken pieces and leave on stove on low heat for 5 minutes. Garnish with some spring onion and serve hot it egg fried rice.

Ayesha's Kitchen

Ayesha’s Kitchen

Advertisements

8 Comments (+add yours?)

1. najma khan
    May 19, 2015 @ 23:52:32

Aslm…. im all the way from south africa and jus recently came across ur website. Ur recipes are very interesting. will be trying them soon. I would like to cook the chicken manchurian bt 2 breasts are to little id like to cook atleast 1.5 to 2kg as I have a big family. Please I need help with the ingredients for a large quantity. Shukria ….najma

• Ayesha Haq
      May 23, 2015 @ 13:22:51

Double the quantities, 2 breasts that I worked with were 1 kg in weight. Thanks for the appreciation πŸ™‚
      any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask πŸ™‚

2. Wajeeha
    Jun 08, 2015 @ 09:06:26

3 chilli sauces?don’t understand that

3. Fayiza Shakir
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 15:59:01

Hey! Assalamu Alaikum πŸ˜€ I’m from Saudi, native of Chennai, India though. It was such a pleasure coming across your blog πŸ˜€ I love cooking and I keep browsing through all the cooking sites. You’ve amazing recipes and the best part is that the ingredients you use are all the kinds I can find xD Other recipes are always so complex with complex expensive ingredients! I give my own twists and turns to the recipe according to my convenience but they ultimately do taste great. I tried your white chicken as well πŸ˜€ #awesomeness! Jazakallah Khair for this πŸ˜€ Sorry bout such a long text though Haha!
    -Ar. Fayiza Shakir

4. Shafaq Aziz Khan
    Nov 01, 2015 @ 01:26:28

Dear Ms. Ayesha,
    Your Manchurian looks so much yummy. I want to make this on my birthday for 20 people and I wanna know the quantity of all the ingredients for 4 kg boneless chicken plus I don’t want it too much spicy as we eat normal spices like Chinese restaurants have in Chicken Manchurian.

• Ayesha Haq
      Nov 17, 2015 @ 15:49:03

Hey
      Sorry for late reply
      I have made it with 1 kg of chicken, you can multiply the quantities by 4.
      And this is authentic taste like restaurants, I don’t eat that much spicy too.
      Advanced Happy Birthday! Have fun πŸ™‚