Another very famous Pakistani restaurant menu item, now popular in Pakistani home cooking as well. Perfect blend of spices added in boneless chicken curry ……. yum……
- 2 boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 boneless chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 ½ cups yogurt
- 7 – 8 green chillies (5 sliced)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- ½ tspn chicken salt (optional)
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- ½ tspn turmeric
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- ½ tspn garam masala
- ½ tspn chaat masala
- 1 tbspn grated fresh ginger
- 1 tspn crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tspn kasoori methi/ fried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbspns julienne ginger
-Cut fillets into medium sized (smaller than bite size) chunks.
-Heat oil in a pan and fry sliced onion until they become translucent. Add ginger, half of the green chillies, chaat masala and garlic and fry for 1 minute on medium heat or until onion gets golden brown.
-Add chicken and salt and cook until the chicken gets white in colour. Now add all the spices and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on medium – high heat.
-Add yogurt and cover the pan. Let it cook for 15 minutes on low – medium heat. Add garam masala and fenugreek leaves and let it simmer until the oil starts to separate.
-Dish out and garnish with fresh coriander, left over green chillies and ginger juliennes.
-Serve hot with tandoori roti & fresh salad.