Papri Chaat is a popular street food of South Asia, specially Pakistan and India. Both countries make them in different ways, Indians use curried chickpeas and raw ginger garlic paste in this recipe whereas Pakistanis use simple boiled chickepeas, this is the Pakistani version of Papri Chaat, do try this and make your day ….
- 3 cups homemade papri or market papri (broken into small pieces)
- 1 ½ cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 onion chopped (large onion)
- 1 ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbspn sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 – 2 tbspns tamarind chutney
- 1 – 2 tbspns mint-coriander chutney (optional)
- 1 tbspn chaat masala
- 1 tbspn chopped coriander
- 1 tspn roasted ground cumin seeds
- 1 cup boiled dice peeled potatoes
-Beat yogurt, water and sugar until they form a smooth textured mixture.
-In a shallow glass dish, lay a layer of 2 cups of papri, then chickpeas, then potatoes, then half of the onions and then spread the yogurt mixture.
-Garnish with the rest of the papri, coriander leaves, onions, cumin seed powder, tamarind chutney and mint-coriander chutney.
-Sprinkle some chat masala on top and serve.