Salad Grande is my very own salad which was a big hit on one of my dinner parties. It goes great as side salad with grilled meat and meatloaf and people go crazy over this. It is like spring in a bowl ❤
- 3 cups 4 leaf lettuce mix (coral, cos, endives, baby spinach)
- ½ cherry tomato halves
- 1 medium red onions (sliced into rings)
- ½ cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- 1 continental cucumber sliced into semi circles
- 1 avocado (diced)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbspn pine nuts (fresh)
- 2 tbspns freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 spring onion (only green part, sliced diagonally)
- 4 tbspns lemon juice
- Some freshly cracked black pepper
- Some sea salt
- 1 thai red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 big clove of garlic (minced)
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tspn apple cider vinegar (Optional)
- Wash, pat dry and cut all the vegetables as per instructions and place them in a mixing salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all the ingredients for dressing and whisk. Drizzle this dressing over the salad. Mix and toss.
- Take out the salad onto the serving dish and garnish with some walnuts, pine nuts and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.