A healthy and nutritious meal for the family, perfect for busy weekdays ❤
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tspn paprika
- 2 tbspn hot sauce
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup corn flour
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup mixed color capsicums, cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup French beans, sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut into 3 – 4 cm length
- ½ boiled green peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup cabbage, cut into cubes
- 4 tbspns olive oil
- 1 tbspn heapful minced garlic
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbspns soy sauce
- 3 tbspns hot sauce
- ½ tspns cracked black pepper
- A pinch of white pepper
- 1 tspn brown sugar
- Some lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Corn starch slurry (½ cup corn flour + ¼ cup water)
- Cut chicken into cubes and marinade in all the ingredients given for chicken and keep aside.
- Meanwhile prepare your veggies and sauce.
- For sauce, combine water, stock cubes, soy sauce, hot sauce, white pepper and sugar and whisk.
- Heat oil for shallow frying and fry chicken chunks. This process will seal the juices and flavour of chicken and keep it moist. Fry for 3 mins at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Now heat 4 tbspns oil in a skillet and fry garlic. After a min of splattering add the veggies (except capsicum and onion) and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce and bring it to a boil and adjust salt.
- Add corn flour slurry with constant stirring to avoid lumps and to thicken the sauce.
- Add capsicum, onion, cracked black pepper and lemon juice and after 5 minutes add fried chicken chunks. Stir and serve hot with rice.