Cooking with friends is always fun…… I cooked this at my friends’ house and they loved it. This is my very own recipe of chicken steak with mushroom sauce, I make mushroom sauce differently, people make it with chicken stock and cream, I make it richer in flavor by using Parmesan cheese and cream, more like Alfredo mushroom sauce. The best thing about this plate (in the picture) is it is full of flavors, nothing on this plate is bland, everything is seasoned well to perfection and has its own unique flavour. Give it a try and I am sure you will fall in love with this rich, flavoursome delicacy!
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless, cut into 2 thin layers each)
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tbspns soy sauce
- Some butter and olive oil
FOR STEAMED VEGGIES (as desired)
- French beans (cut)
- Broccoli head
- Cauliflower heads
- Baby carrots/ carrots
- Some dried Italian herbs
- A knob of butter
FOR MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 2 tbspns butter
- 250 gms sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tspn chives
- 1 generous pinch of garlic powder
- 300 ml cooking cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper (use coarsely ground black pepper)
- First thing first, turn on the steamer. Meanwhile its heating, combine the vegetables you want to steam in a bowl, season with some Italian herbs, salt and pepper and add softened butter, toss well and coat each veggie in this buttery herb mixture. Put it in the steamer and get started on sauce.
- For sauce, melt some butter in a sauce pan, add mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir fry until mushrooms start changing the color. Add cream and bring it to a boil. Add parmesan cheese and mix well. Add chives and let it cook on low heat while we do the steaks.
- We have two chicken breasts cut in two thin layers each. So we have 4 in total. Put them in a large zip lock bag and pound with meat hammer to flat and thin. Season with some salt and pepper. Splash some soy sauce and rub it on.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the veggies in the steamer. If they are done, put the steamer on heat mode to keep the veggies warm until needed for serving.
- Heat the grill pan. Smear some butter on it and drizzle some olive oil. When it is super-hot, place the chicken on it, cook in batched depending on the size of your grill pan. Cook 5 minutes per side. Add some more butter to the pan when flipping the side.
- Take them out on a plate first to rest for 5 minutes before transferring on to the serving platter.
- Transfer the steaks (2 per person) on a plate, putting the veggies on the side and hot mushroom sauce all over the chicken and plate.
- Serve hot.