Mango Trifle is my very own recipe to celebrate Summer and the king of Fruits “MANGO” ❤
- 1.5 ltr. Full cream milk (1 cup reserved)
- 4 tbspns mango custard powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 unfilled sponge
- ½ cup mango nectar
- 2 cups mangoes (diced)
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 mango jello (set)
- 2 mangoes cut into cubes or thin slices
- 1 cup whipped cream
- For custard I use Rafhan (Pakistani brand) custard powder in mango flavor. Boil 1 cup less 1.5 litre milk in a non-stick pan. Dissolve custard powder in that reserved one cup of milk and gradually add it to the boiling milk with gentle constant stirring followed by sugar.
- Cook on low heat until it is thick and sugar is dissolved. Keep aside to bring it to room temperature.
- Meanwhile cut the fruit, whip the cream and set the jello.
- In your trifle bowl put two big spoonsful of custard and then one sheet of unfilled sponge. Now damp the sponge with mango nectar using a pastry brush. Then a layer of custard, cut up mangoes, diced jello, whipped cream and then another layer of unfilled sponge.
- Damp that layer of sponge with mango nectar as well and then a final layer of custard.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until everything is set.
- Now whip some cream to stiff peaks and cut some mango to decorate the top pf trifle.
- Decorate as you like and chill for another hour if you have to otherwise serve.
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of favorite pastas. I don’t make it with wine but use extra beef broth instead. The art of this sauce is that it is simmered over low heat for atleast 4 hours until all the flavours and all the seasonings melt in. Super LOVE ❤
- 500 gms spaghetti (al dente)
- 500 gms beef mice
- 2 tbspns minced garlic
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 250 gms button mushrooms (chopped) (optional)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 celery stick (chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500 ml passata
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tbspn brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbspns chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbspns chopped parsley
- 1 tbspn chopped thyme
- 1 tspn oregano
- Heat oil and add onion, fry until translucent and add garlic. Stir fry for a minute and add beef mince. Break the beef mince with the spoon and stir fry until it starts changing the color. Add all the veggies, herbs and spices and mix.
- After 5 minutes, add beef broth and passata and cook covered on low heat for 4 hours until all the flavors melt and mix in it and the sauce reduce.
- After 4 hours of simmering, serve hot with boiled spaghetti. Either mix the sauce in the pasta or over the pasta and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.
Mango mousse is one of my favorite summer desserts. King of summer fruits, chilled cream and sweetness of condensed milk….. it is like summer in a cup. Follow this easy recipe and make your next BBQ party great!
- 2 ½ cups mango pulp (fresh)
- 600 ml heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 2 sachets of gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup warm water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Put hand mixer attachments and a mixing bowl in freezer for 30 mins before whipping the cream.
- In a blender combine mango pulp, condensed milk and gelatin and make puree.
- Now whip the cream to stiff peaks and gently fold in the mango pulp until everything is uniform.
- Put it in your desired serving bowls and chill for 6 hours.
Mango delight is my Mom’s sweet dish. In Pakistan, we have the best mangoes of the world and they are cheaper and in abundance. And she used to make this dish in Summers as party dessert. It is very easy, tasty, natural and hassle free dessert and everyone on the table loves it.
- 4 large mangoes (for AU mix of Calypso & Kensington Pride) (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 strawberry Jello (cut in squares) (add unflavoured gelatine to make stiff while preparing jello)
- 1 Mango Jello (cut in squares) (add unflavoured gelatine to make stiff while preparing jello)
- 1 Banana Jellon (cut in squares) (add unflavoured gelatine to make stiff while preparing jello)
- 2 cups whipped cream (unsweetened)
- Cut and prepare everything. For Jello, add extra unflavoured gelatine while making the jelly to make it more stiff and less wobbly.
- In your serving dish, Put all the chunks of mangoes and jellos and whip the cream.
- For whipping the cream, put your whipping bowl and whisks in freezer for 30 minutes before whipping the cream to make it stiff and easy to handle.
- Decorate the top of the dish and refrigerate until needed but don’t refrigerate for more than 2 hours.
Tantalise your tongue with this amazing Indo-Chinese Punjabi vegetarian dish…. So easy and so so so flavorful! ❤
- 500 gms paneer (cut into chunks)
- 1 egg + 3 tbspns corn flour /2 tbspns flour and water batter (to fry paneer)
- Red chilli powder
- 1 tspn garlic paste
- Oil for deep frying
FOR STIR FRY
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- ½ green capsicum cut into chunks
- ½ red capsicum cut into chunks
- 3 small green chillies (cut into slices)
- 2 tbspns tomato paste (not ketcup)
- ½ cup chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tspn ginger and garlic paste
- 2 curry leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- A generous pinch of Chinese salt/ Ajinomoto
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- ½ tspn cumin seeds
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- A splash of lemon juice
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 2 tbspns spring onions (green part, chopped)
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander (chopped)
- 4- 5 tbspns oil for cooking
- If you are pure vegetarian then make a batter of cool water and flour, add salt, red chillies and garlic paste. Apply it on the paneer chunks and fry like pakoras.
- And if you are non-vegetarian, make a batter of egg, corn flour, salt, red chillies and garlic paste. Apply it on the paneer chunks and fry like battered fish.
- Keep aside until further needed.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and onion chunks for 1 minute or until they get a light colour. Add tomato paste, chilli garlic sauce and all the other seasonings, soy sauce and curry leaves and mix on high heat for a minute and reduce flame.
- Add capsicums and green chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add fried battered paneer and spring onion and again cook it on high flame for 1 minute adding a splash of lemon juice with constant stirring so all the sides cook equally and it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot with boiled or steamed rice and sprinkle some coriander.
This recipe is for a very healthy yet delicious burger, the creamy avocado plays the role of mayo or other sauces, the cool cucumber dip gives it a very cecik taste, tomato and lettuce adds freshness and beauty and the very well seasoned, juicy meat patty takes it to another level of awesomeness. I used mince meat patty and not the fillet because I am not a big fan of grilled fillet in the burger until it is charcoal grilled plus sometimes it tastes a bit dry. So mincemeat patty keeps it juicy and moist and you can season it to perfection by mixing everything in.
I bet, you try it once, you will crave for more…. When I thought of this recipe I thought it would not be as tasty as burgers we normally have, loaded with heavy sauces, fatty patties and dressings but when I took the first bite it was YUMMM… better than other greasy burgers. So what you waiting for? switch on your burger cravings to this healthy version now 🙂
- 500 gms turkey mince/ chicken mince (breast & thigh mix)
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- Chicken salt
- A pinch of mustard powder
- 1 tspn chilli flakes (Optional)
- 4 tbspns oil for frying
- 4 rolls of your choice (wholemeal/ white/ seeded/ multigrain)
- 2 tbspns softened butter
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 8 tomato slices
- 4- 8 leaf lettuce
- 4 coon cheese
- 2 tbspns greek yogurt (low fat)
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- A pinch of dill
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for patty and gently mix but do not over mix as it will become hard. TIP: Add egg at the end and just fold it in with soft hands. After 10 minutes divide the mince into 4 equal parts, forming into patties. The mixture might be a bit sticky but that’s what we want, that sticky will keep it moist.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients given for cucumber dip and mix.
- Wash, dry and cut and prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat oil and fry each patty for 2 minutes per side on medium flame. When flipping the first side, put a slice of cheese on the top and let the other side (raw side) cook and the cheese melt.
- Meanwhile, cut the rolls in half and apply some butter on both the sides and toast on the griddle. On the heal (bottom) part place some avocado, tomato and lettuce and then put the freshly grilled patty with bubbly melting cheese on it, followed by cucumber dip and the crown (top part of the bun).
- Serve with sweet potato fries or wedges.
Say Hello to Summer with this beautiful recipe….
No bake ❤
perfect for your get togethers, BBQs or birthdays.
- 500 gms cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 package unflavoured gelatin (dissolved in 100 ml hot water)(cooled down)
- 200 ml chillied whipping cream
- 2 cups mango puree (recipe below)
- 200 gms graham crackers (crushed)
- 100 gms melted butter
- ½ cup macadamias
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbspns brown sugar
- 4 Kensington Pride mangoes/ any mango of your choice, (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 100 gms white chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 2 mangoes (sliced thinly)
- 2 cups whipped cream (unsweetened)
- In a food processor crush graham crackers & macadamias to crumbs and add sugar and desiccated coconut and mix. Add melted butter and mix more until it looks like wet sand. Spray the bottom of springform pan and press this mixture in the springform pan to make the crust of the cheesecake. Refrigerate until needed.
- For mango puree put all the ingredients given above in the blender and mix well until its smooth.
- In a deep mixing bowl, use the electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese. When it is soft add cream and whip well. Now add mango puree and mix again and at the end mix in gelatine mixture as well. We put gelatine at the end so it mixes into the mixture uniformly.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared base and refrigerate overnight or for 24 hours for good results.
- When its set, run a knife thru the edges and take it out onto your serving plate. Decorate with some mango slices or chunks and some whipped cream. Serve.