Chicken Malai Tikka…….. another gem of Mughal era. Tender chicken thigh pieces, marinated in herbs, spices, cream and cheese, barbecued over charcoal pieces, yummmmmmm they literally melt in your mouth.
- 5 large chicken thighs (boneless, cut into cubes)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled cheddar cheese (tasty)
- ½ tspn meat tenderizer powder
- Some salt
- Some chicken salt
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper
- ½ tspn crushed white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (very finely chopped)
- ½ tspn garam masala
- 1 tspn dried fenugreek leaves
-Take a deep mixing bowl and put chicken in it. Add all the spices and seasoning and mix well. Then add crumbled cheddar cheese and sour cream and mix well.
-Keep aside for 20 – 30 minutes (not longer than this as it contains meat tenderizer, it will break the chicken to the point that we won’t be able to screw them on the skewers).
-Start preheating your BBQ grill now.
-Thread the chicken pieces on the metal skewers (7 – 8 pieces per skewer).
-Grill the tikkas on medium heat for about 6 minutes per side (turning occasionally) and serve hot with kachumar salad, naan and raita.