Packed with veggies and protein …. easy to make …. a very healthy recipe for snack, lunch or dinner….. 🙂
- 12 – 18 chicken legs
- ½ cup light olive oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- Salt and chicken powder to taste
- 1 tbspn red chilli powder
- 1 tspn garam amsala
- 1 tspn chaat masala
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tbspn cumin powder
- 1 good pinch of methi leaves
- 2 tbspns vinegar
- 1 tbspn soy sauce
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 2 tbspns paste (ginger, garlic and green chilli)
- Broccoli heads
- Green beans (trimmed)
- Potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- Baby carrots
- Brussel sprouts
- Sweet potato
Any roasting veggies of your choice will do.
- Wash and pat dry chicken legs. Make deep slits into the meat part and put them in a mixing bowl. Add lemon, vinegar, salt, chicken powder and ginger garlic and green chilli paste and massage chicken pieces well.
- Add rest of the spices, mix and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare your veggies by washing and cutting them. Make sure the veggies you cut are chunky and big size otherwise everything will mix while cooking.
- Now mix in yogurt in your chicken pieces and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, heat oil in a big pan, add all the veggies and then layer it with marinated chicken pieces. Cover the pan and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat and cook covered for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender. DO NOT USE A SPOON OR ANYTHING TO MIX. IT WILL COOK IN LAYERS.
- Take off the lid, increase the heat and cook until the water dries. Use tongs to dish the chicken and serve veggies with it.