A healthy, fresh and flavorful start to your day…. I just love it ❤
- 2 sourdough bread slices/ 2 traditional white bread slices (Helgas or Lawsons preferred)
- 1 avocado (mashed with 2 tbspns lemon juice)
- 100 gms smoked salmon
- 100 gms sliced mushrooms (sautéed in light butter, seasoned with coarsely ground black pepper)
- 2 poached eggs
- Few leaves of baby spinach
- 2 thin slices of tomato
- Some softened butter
- Spread some softened butter on both the sides of the bread slices.
- Heat a grill or a griddle and toast the buttered bread slices on both sides to your desire and put them on a wire rack. Putting them on wire rack will prevent them from becoming soggy.
- Spread some avocado mash on each bread slice, followed by some baby spinach leaves, sautéed mushrooms, tomato slice and smoked salmon. Top it up with a poached egg and season with some salt and pepper.
POACHED EGGS: Boil 3 cups of water in a saucepan and add ½ cup of vinegar. Crack egg in a bowl and gently drop it into simmering water. Cover the saucepan with the lid and remove from flame. After 3 minutes, remove the lid and take out the egg with a slotted spoon. Drain access water and serve seasoned with some salt and pepper.