My version of Garlic bread supreme. Ideal for any party or any snack time. Easy and fun to make. You can be versatile with your toppings and enjoy a real nice loaded sandwich. 😉
- 2 bread rolls/ Vietnamese rolls/ hot dog rolls/ Rustic rolls
- 100 gms salted butter
- 1 tspn chopped chives
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (fresh grated)
- A handful of baby spinach
- Cooked chicken or boiled shredded chicken
- Chopped capsicum
- Slivered red onion
- 2 tbspns scallions
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup jalapenos
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- Some mayo or garlic sauce to drizzle
- Freshly cracked black pepper/ red chilli flakes
- Herbs of your choice
- Preheat the oven in broil mode to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients for basting in a microwave proof bowl and microwave it for 1 minute. Stir.
- Cut the rolls of your choice into half lengthways and start applying the basting with a pastry brush on the inside of the bread.
- Spread both the cheeses evenly on both the rolls and then put your favourite toppings (no sauces, only meat and veggies).
- Broil for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the bread is crusty.
- Take it out of the oven, drizzle with your favourite sauce, pepper and herbs and enjoy.