Tastes just like any Chaat stall in Pakistan or India but hygienic……
FOR CHAAT BASE
- 5 cups yogurt
- ½ cup cold water (if using thick yogurt)
- 1 tbspn heap full chaat masala
- 1 tspn sugar
- 2 tbspns tamarind sauce
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 4 tbspns chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tspns chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups fully boiled chickpeas
- 1 cup boiled diced potatoes
- 1 cup store bought boondi
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 large red onion cut into thin rings
- 2 tbspns chaat masala
- Some tamarind sauce
-Combine all the ingredients given for base in a deep mixing bowl and whisk it. You can adjust chaat masala according to your taste.
-Now add boondi and let it rest for 15 minutes until it becomes soggy. Add boiled chickpeas and mix.
-Transfer this to your serving bowl and garnish with salad, followed by chaat masala. Drizzle some tamarind sauce and refrigerate until needed.