Chicken Tikka Karahi, my own variation of chicken karahi. I really like the BBQ flavour of chicken tossed in well blended sauce of tomatoes, spices and herbs. Not too spicy not too hot, once you will try it, you will make it again and again……
- 1 kg chicken boneless, skinless thighs (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbspns vinegar
- Red chilli powder
- ½ tspn turmeric
- ½ tspn coriander powder
- ½ tspn cumin seeds (roughly crushed)
- ½ tspn dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ tspn cracked black pepper
- ½ tspn garam masala
- ½ tspn chaat masala
- ½ tspn chicken salt
- A splash of oil
- A tspn of ghee
- 3 tomatoes cut into thin ring slices
- 2 green chillies large (cut into pieces)
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- Some salt and red chillies (Be careful with the quantities as chicken is also spiced)
- 1 tspn freshly grated ginger
- Some ginger juliennes
-Marinade the chicken in all of the ingredients given above and refrigerate for 30 mins.
-Screw them onto the skewers. Grill for 5 minutes per side on your preheated BBQ.
-Take the meat off the skewers and start preparing karahi.
-For karahi, heat oil in a wok, add ghee and let it melt. Now add the ginger and fry until it starts spluttering. Add tomatoes, salt and red chilli. Let it cook until the tomatoes get soft. Add green chillies and mix.
-Now add grilled chicken pieces, cover the pan and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
-Give it a final stir. If its watery, cook on high flame until the water evaporates. Garnish with ginger juliennes and coriander. Serve hot.