My version of Sichuan Chicken, its hot and yummy….. Give it a try and I can bet, you will fall in love with this quick and tasty stir fry ….
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless cut into cubes
- 1 can baby corn cut diagonally into pieces
- 1 red onion cut into cubes
- 1 capsicum cut into cubes
- 1 red/ orange/ yellow bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 cup spring onion chopped
- Oil 6 tbspns
- 1 tbspn minced garlic
- 2 tbspns red chilli paste
- Some red chilli flakes (if you like hot)
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock (1 cup of warm water with chicken cube/ chicken salt)
- 2 tbspns vinegar
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 1 tbspn chilli sauce (hot sauce)
- Salt to taste
-Heat 4 tbspns of oil in a wok/ pan and fry garlic and chilli paste for 30 seconds. Add chicken and let it turn white on medium heat. Fry until the meat moisture evaporates and oil begins to separate.
-Add all the veggies except onion and baby corn and stir fry until the peppers get a nice golden color. Add the chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
-Now add all the sauces and seasonings and mix. Simmer.
-Meanwhile in a separate pan, heat 2 tbspns of oil and fry red onion cubes on high heat until it gets caramelised.
-When the sauce begins to thicken, stir in baby corn and fried onion.
-Give it a last mix and add spring onion.
-Serve with boiled rice.