Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel with Mashed Potatoes is one of the fanciest, easiest, quickest and yummiest ideas for dinner. Your children will love it and you will be done with cooking in like 15 minutes ……
- 4 chicken schnitzels
- Some salt to season
- Some lose flour
- 1 ½ fine bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- Some chicken salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- Some chopped parsley (dried parsley)
FOR EGG DIP
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbspns mustard sauce OR Nandos lemon and herb peri peri
- 2 tbspns olive oil/ schnitzel
FOR MASHED POTATOES
- 4 hot potatoes (skin off) (boiled)
- 1 scoop of butter
- ¼ tspn chicken salt
Procedure for Mashed Potatoes:
Take a deep mixing bowl and a traditional masher. Put potatoes in the mixing bowl, add some chicken salt and butter. Mash and mix until it is lump free and creamy. Serve with baked chicken, Crumbed chicken or any other roast.
Procedure for Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel:
-Arrange your plates in order:
- Flour for dusting,
- Whisk eggs and lemon and herb/ mustard and pour it in a shallow wide plate,
- Mix all the ingredients given for crumbs and keep it aside in the 3rd plate.
-Heat oil on medium heat.
-Take one schnitzel, Season it with some salt and then dust with some plain flour. Pat to get rid of access flour.
-Dip it into the egg mixture (both sides).
-Coat it with crumbs and fry on low – medium heat for about 90 seconds/ side or until the crust is golden and crispy. Make sure the oil is not too hot otherwise your crust will be done but chicken will be raw from inside.
-Take it out on a plate and serve hot with a scoop of mashed potatoes.
-Do the same with other 3 schnitzels and easy and hassle free dinner is ready to serve.