Chicken Almonds is a famous Pakistani – Chinese dish. People refer to it as “Chicken Aallmonds” by pronouncing “L” in Almonds. Try this, it is one of my favorite dishes …..
- 1 chicken breast (skinless, boneless, cubed)
- 1 chicken thigh fillet (skinless, boneless, cubed)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 heapful tbspn of corn flour (mixed with some water)
- ½ onion cubed
- 1 carrot cubed
- 1 spring onion (stems only, sliced)
- 1 cup boiled peas
- Some salt
- ½ tspn cracked black pepper
- 4 tbspns olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup blanched, salted and roasted almonds
-Heat oil and fry garlic. Add chicken cubes and stir fry until they are golden brown. Now add the vegetables except spring onion stems and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock.
-Let it boil for 5 minutes. Now add corn flour water and mix well. Keep cooking for 5 minutes on high flame and add spring onion stems.
-Add half of the blanched almonds and dish it out.
-Garnish the gravy with rest of the almonds and serve hot with boiled rice.