Chicken Badaami Qorma is a delicious royal dish which is offered by most of the caterers in Pakistan. It is like normal Qorma but garnished with peeled almonds and coriander, this is one of the simplest recipe, you can find on internet and other sources……
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn red chilli powder
- A pinch of red chilli flakes
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tbspn Ayesha’s Kitchen Special garam masala
- 2 black cardamoms
- Bay leaf
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 4 cloves
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 pieces of cinnamon
- 2 small cardamoms
- 1 chicken skinless, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 cup oil
- 3 onions sliced
- 2 green chillies
- 1 ½ cup yogurt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbspn ginger garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbspns coriander to garnish (if desired)
- A handful of peeled almonds (the best way to peel almonds is, take a microwave proof deep bowl, put some almonds in it, add sufficient water and microwave for 5 minutes. Strain and discard hot water and add cold water to the bowl, now press them between you index finger and thumb and the peel will get off easily)
-Heat oil and fry onion in it. When the onion slices are red take them out, keeping the oil in the vessel.
-Now in that hot oil add all the spices and ginger garlic paste. Stir. Now add chicken pieces and fry until they are white and then add 2 cups of water and green chillies.
-Bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, mix yogurt and fried onions. Use fork to mix them and try to crush onion in yogurt.
-Add this paste to the boiling water. Mix well and cook covered on medium heat for about 10 – 15 minutes.
-Add ¾ th of the almonds by keeping ¼ th portion aside for garnishing.
-Mix and dish it out in a deep dish. Garnish with some coriander and almonds. Serve hot with home made chapattis.