Keema karele is one of the variety of dishes made with bitter gourd in Pakistan. I love this dish ……..
- ½ kg beef/mutton mincemeat
- 1 kg bitter gourd (peeled and cleaned) (cut into cubes)
- 2 onions (sliced)(medium sized)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 tbspns yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- ½ tspn coriander and cumin powder
- ¼ tspn garam masala
- 2 small green chillies sliced
- 1 tbspn chopped coriander
- ½ tspn turmeric
- 1 tspn ginger garlic paste
- 2 – 4 black peppercorns
-Peel, clean, cut and wash bitter gourds and fry them in ½ cup of oil. When they are brown, take them out in a plate with a slotted spoon. -Discard the oil and wash the pan.
-Heat oil and fry mincemeat and ginger garlic paste in it until its half cooked. Now add all the spices, tomato and yogurt and roast until very less moisture is left. Now add onion and fried bitter gourd and mix well. Add some green chilllies and coriander and stir fry until everything is mixed and oil come out.
-Dish it out and serve hot with homemade roti and mint coriander chutney.